NOTE: THERE IS NO NEED TO UPDATE FIRMWARE UNLESS DIRECTED BY ONE OF OUR SUPPORT REPS. ALL DEVICES PURCHASED AFTER 4/2/2015 ALREADY CONTAIN THE LATEST FIRMWARE.
1. Insert the flash drive recorder into your computer's USB port
2. After your computer recognizes the drive, browse to your My Computer and find the drive that is associated with the flash drive named "MemoQ"
3. Right click on the drive, and click Format, and then click Start (make sure quick format is checked)
4. After everything is erased off the drive, click here to download the firmware setting file.
5. Copy the firmware update file to the main directory of the flash drive.
6. After the file is copied, close the window and remove the flash drive from the USB port.
7. Wait approximately 30 seconds.
8. Plug the flash drive back into the USB port. The firmware is now updating and this process can take up to 2 minutes to complete. Do not remove the drive from your USB port during this time.
9. After this process is complete, your computer will then recognize the drive, and the drive name should be updated to "UP-OK", which indicates that the update process completed successfully.
10. Right click on the drive again, and format it again, and rename the drive to "MEMOQ"
11. The update process is complete!